The store is now the channel where consumers are most likely to make impulse purchases, according to the latest research from ADvendio, the leading omnichannel advertising solution provider.
- 54% of UK shoppers say they are most likely to impulse buy in-store.
- 41% make unplanned purchases when shopping online.
- 10% bought on impulse on social media platforms.
- 44% would like more digital information available to inform their buying decisions at the shelf-edge in-store, rising to 60% of Millennials.
- 51% would be more likely to buy a product if they were served information and content about that product digitally at the shelf edge.
- 36% said immersive digital adverts about products in the store would make them more likely to try a product they hadn’t bought before.
- 61% of UK shoppers say they are now noticing more branded ads from 3rd party brands when shopping in-store.
- While 34% have been influenced to try a product having seen a digital advert at the shelf-edge in-store, rising to 50% of Gen Z.
Read the full article: www.retailtimes.co.uk